Thursday, October 31, 2013

Taxol



Taxol is a natural product that is used in cancer treatment. It's generic name is Paclitaxel. It is used as a chemotherapy drug and it is labelled as a "plant alkaloid." It has been used to treat many cancers including breast, ovarian, lung, bladder, prostate, melanoma, and esophageal cancers. It is often used against cancers that have a solid tumor. Taxol gives rise to many of the usual side effects that accompany chemotherapy. 

Taxol is a plant alkaloid which is made up of two parts, vinca alkaloids and taxanes. The vinca alkaloids are made from the periwinkle plant and the taxanes are derived from the bark of the Pacific Yew tree. This became an environmental concern because the trees have to be destroyed in order to manufacture the compound.  It interferes with cell division by affecting the decomposition of microtubules.

I decided to pick Taxol for this entry because I feel that all cancer research is relevant to chemistry and our lives. 




Sources:
 http://chemocare.com/chemotherapy/drug-info/Taxol.aspx#.UnL_SRDli8A
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paclitaxel

2 comments:

  1. I have long felt a special connection with herbal medicine. First, it's natural, Charlie attended the same small college in Southern California - Claremont Men's College - although he dropped out of school to enroll in the Julliard School of Performing Arts in New York. York. Had he been to Claremont, he would have been senior the year I started there; I often thought that was the reason he was gone when he discovered that I had herpes. So, my life was lonely, all day, I could not stand the pain of the outbreak, and then Tasha introduced me to Dr. Itua who uses her herbal medicines to cure her two weeks of consumption. I place an order for him and he hands it to my post office, then I pick it up and use it for two weeks. All my wound is completely healed no more epidemic. I tell you honestly that this man is a great man, I trust him Herbal medicine so much that I share this to show my gratitude and also to let sick people know that there is hope with Dr. Itua. Herbal Phytotherapy.Dr Itua Contact Email.drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ info@drituaherbalcenter.com. Whatsapp ... 2348149277967
    He cures.
    Herpes,
    Breast Cancer
    Brain Cancer
    CEREBRAL VASCULAR ACCIDENT.
    Hepatitis,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,
    Dementia.Tach Disease,Shingles,
    Lung Cancer
    H.P.V TYPE 1 TYPE 2 TYPE 3 AND TYPE 4. TYPE 5.
    HIV,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
    Cervical Cancer
    Colo-rectal Cancer
    Blood Cancer
    SYPHILIS.
    Diabetes
    Liver / Inflammatory kidney
    Epilepsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. God bless Dr Ebacol for his marvelous work in my life, I was diagnosed of HERPES since 2018 and I was taking my medications, I wasn't satisfied i needed to get the HERPES out of my system, I searched out some possible cure for HERPES i saw a comment about Dr Ebacol, how he cured HERPES,DIABETES,HIV,and CANCER with his herbal medicine, I contacted him and he guided me. I asked for solutions, he started the remedy for my health, he sent me the medicine I took the medicine as prescribed by him and 14 days later i was cured from HERPES, Dr Ebacol truly you are great, do you need his help also? Why don’t you contact him through his EMAIL:    drebacolherbalhome1@gmail.com  call or whatsApp him on +2348159042641    

    ReplyDelete